Wednesday 28 September 2011

stains (embroidered)

It's been great to be back. Thank you so much anyone who's been in touch to welcome me back or stopped by to read my blog.

Currently I'm utterly immersed in stains. The beauty, the detail and the possibilities of them... and it seems from the positive reaction I've had that I'm not the only person finding them interesting. So I'm working on more and on the direction that I think they could move in and will post more when I get a chance as they have leapt forward somewhat since these shots.

Thank you again for the welcome. I will start blogging about other makers as soon as I am at a sensible point with my own work.

5 comments:

Lynn Taylor said...

Beautiful photos, the stains are so rhythmic and like drawings. To me they have a classical resonance with a contemporary edginess.

dell said...

lovely, glad you are back!

Hoola Tallulah said...

I love this, I really, really, love this!

lovely textiles said...

Thanks so much to each of you. I'm glad I'm back! Just writing up a lovely big meaty piece about someone amazing and really enjoying it. So some actual writing will be back on at last. xx

Jenny said...

Wonderful! I just found your blog. This is beautiful work!